Friday, July 6, 2007

Jonathan Edwards - Christian athlete turned athiest.

This article from The Times about Jonathan Edwards' "deconversion" makes interesting reading.


Interesting article, but I can't imagine having faith without doubt.
The two go hand in hand surely?

If I had a free choice I would prefer not to believe in God and sometimes I go through periods of estrangement, but when all is said and done, to say that God did not exist (for me) would be like saying that grass was no green and the sky was not blue.
It would just be wishful thinking.

I considered this recently when I was wondering why two of the three people baptised at the same time as me no longer have faith.

Luke Chapter 8 may have the answer:

Luk 8:13 "And those on the rock are those who, when they hear, receive the Word with joy; and these have no root, who believe for a time, and in time of trial draw back."