Friday, November 19, 2010

Some personal news - my new job

I have been appointed as manager of Eco-Congregation Scotland, an ecumenical charity which offers a programme to help congregations understand environmental issues and make appropriate practical and spiritual responses. The organisation has existed for ten years, but has only become a charity this year. My role will be to develop the organisation over the next sixteen months (initially) and insures it meets its financial and climate change targets.

This will draw on my experience of management in the voluntary sector (which goes back as far as my first appointment with the RNIB way back 1989) and as a senior manager in the private sector. It will also make some use of my theological training. Its actually the second environmental charity I have worked for although the last one was more involved in conservation and wildlife habitat management.

I will be based at the Church of Scotland headquarters in Edinburgh so I will finally have to buy a  monthly bus ticket. There will also be quite a lot of travelling involved.