Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wedgwood Cornet for Sale

I am considering selling my Wedgwood cornet. This was made for me in 2003 by Denis Wedgwood. It is a superb instrument with a large bore and a very even response throughout.

This cornet has been regularly played, but went back to Wedgwood for a service in 2007. There are no dents or damage of any kind although the valves are a bit stained (cleanable, but not worth doing). It has the original case with keys. It has an interchangeable bell system and is supplied with one bell (the brass band model). There is one water key (a Saturn water key, also designed by Denis Wedgwood) and a dump slide on the third valve tuning slide.

These instruments are no longer made and they rarely come up for sale.
The asking price is £2,000.
I would prefer not to post it as its a bit fragile. I am located in Edinburgh where it can be picked up.
Postage might be possible, but would need some thought.
I will NOT sell it outside the UK so please don't ask.
If you are interested please contact me.


Photographs

Click on these to see larger versions:

Taken apart for cleaning prior to sale